Guest Posting Guidelines
If you are a writer with tips, advice, DIY, an opinion or a story you want to share (and promote your blog or website at the same time), consider posting it on LifeStyleBody.
You can choose to write on any topic as long as it fits our brand and the topics we cover. Please visit our About page for specific topics you can choose to write about.
1. Please write on a topic mentioned in the About page of LifeStyleBody. If a topic is already been posted, you can however, expand on core ideas, add new information and change the viewpoint of the topic, and we will consider it. (As an example, stress is a topic on LifeStyleBody but we have many articles with different viewpoints such as stress in your day, stress in your workplace, and relaxing tips)
2. Posts should be over 500 words so they provide a benefit to the reader. Please keep in mind the following guidelines when creating a blog post:
- Well-written in simple English and easy to read and understand
- It needs to be able to pass plagiarism software to be considered. No dupes, re-spins or re-writes allowed.
- It must be grammatically correct without spelling errors. Our editor will proofread each article and correct as needed. If, however, there are extensive grammatical errors and misspellings, we may ask you to revise and resubmit.
- Write for an online audience using short paragraphs of no more than 2-3 sentences. Make use of bullet points, lists and subheadings. Please refer to this article for tips.
- Headlines should be catchy and entice the reader to read more. Lists are highly encouraged and directing your title to your reader, i.e. including “You” is also highly favorable.
3. By submitting your post, you give LifeStyleBody the right to publish the post on lifestylebody.com. You retain full copyright and ownership of the content in the post. If we find that you’ve posted the same post on another site, we reserve the right to take your post down from LifeStyleBody.
4. You can provide up to two links (in your author bio) that should point to either your website/blog or social profile.
5. Please include a brief author bio (3-4 sentences) of yourself and your website/services, qualifications or anything else you want our readers to know at the end of your post.
6. If your email is not tied to a Gravatar, please include a photo of yourself. Anywhere from 200 x 200px or larger.
1. No affiliate links allowed in the post or your author bio please.
2. Try to include relevant links in your post – a maximum of three. If your links do not provide extra information that would benefit our readers, then LifeStyleBody may remove the links. If you don’t want your post published without the links, that’s totally understandable but we can’t unfortunately accept your post.
3. We may, from time to time, add contextual links to related articles on our website to your guest post.
Guest Post Submission Steps
1. Please send your completed final draft of your post to [email protected] with the subject headline “LSB Guest Post: (Your Title Goes Here).” So for example, “LSB Guest Post: 5 Easy Ways To Cook Lasagna.”
2. A Microsoft Word document or a Google Doc link works best.
3. The editor will review your guest post submission, correct any grammar mistakes or misspellings, check all links and either approve or dismiss your post. In either case, you will receive an email and if your post was approved, you will also receive a link to your published post.
1. LifeStyleBody hopes all guest post authors will reply to any comments your post generates.
2. LifeStyleBody would love for all guest post authors to promote their article on their social media accounts. LifeStyleBody will also promote your guest post on our social media accounts.